Operation Snowdown is underway!
Fortnite’s annual winter-themed event has arrived. Formerly known as the 14 Days of Fortnite and Winterfest, Operation Snowdown is the latest branding for this exciting time of year. Epic Games once again brought plenty of rewards to the table and resurrected some in-game items that have been absent for quite a while. Operation Snowdown is now live in-game, offering a snowy experience and exclusive goodies from December 18 to January 5.
Also Read: How to Unlock All Sapphire, Topaz & Zero Point Battle Pass Skins in Season 5
Operation Snowdown Rewards & Challenges
This year’s winter event features two free skins, weapon wraps, pickaxes, emotes and much more as rewards for completing Operation Snowdown challenges. Four challenges are available to finish right now, and more will unlock over the next three weeks.
- Complete Operation Snowdown Quests 0/9 (unlocks Snowmando skin)
- Complete Operation Snowdown Quests 0/12 (unlocks Frost Squad skin)
- Visit different Snowmando outposts 0/5 (unlocks Operation Snowdown loading screen)
- Search chests at Snowmando outposts (unlocks Christmas present back bling)
Here are the locked challenges that will open in the coming days:
- Dance at holiday trees 0/5 (unlocks Snowmando spray)
- Place Top 10 with friends in squads 0/3 (unlocks winter weapon wrap)
- Destroy Nutcracker statues 0/5 (unlocks Snowmando back bling)
- Travel 5,000 meters in X-4 Stormwings 0/5,000 (unlocks Chiller Grenade emote)
- Shoot down opponent structures with X-4 Stormwings 0/10 (unlocks winter glider)
- Collect Gold Bars 0/100 (unlocks Candy Cane GG emote)
- Catch a Snowy Flopper 0/1 (unlocks ice skate pickaxe)
- Revive a player in different matches (unlocks Nutcracker loading screen)
- Hide inside a Sneaky Snowmando in different matches (unlocks Fishstick spray)
- Play duo/squads with friends 0/5 (unlocks snowglobe pickaxe)
- Stoke a campfire 0/2 (unlocks reactive weapon wrap)
- Deal damage at Snowmando outposts 0/250 (unlocks Chiller Grenade emote)
- Use Chiller Launcher to apply icy feet to opponents 0/10 (unlocks winter-themed glider)
Planes, Chiller Grenades and Much More!
Operation Snowdown 2020 brought back Fortnite’s version of an airplane, known as the X-4 Stormwing. We have not seen this vehicle since Chapter 1 – Season 8, so it’ll be interesting to see how these factor into the newest season. Additionally, winter-themed items like the Chiller Grenade, Snowball Launcher and Sneaky Snowmen have also returned. Let’s not forget that Christmas presents are available to find as well, which tend to give better loot than any normal chest.
Also Read: Black Panther, Captain Marvel & Taskmaster Skins Leaked in Season 5
Free Sing Along Emote
Epic Games refunded players who purchased the ‘Sing Along’ emote, which appeared in the Item Shop last week. The developers are now offering it for free until January 5. Make sure you visit the Item Shop and claim the free emote before it disappears!
Resurrected Limited Time Modes (LTMs)
Like past years, Epic brought back many fan-favorite Limited Time Modes also introduced two new ones. Air Royale leads the way, where players must take flight and attack other planes without touching the ground. The brand new Shockwave LTM and Pickaxe Frenzy are also available in the ‘Snowdown Shuffle’ duos playlist.
Also Read: Reboot a Friend Program Offers Free In-Game Rewards
Now’s the time to sit back and enjoy the most wonderful time of the year in Fortnite! Be sure to queue into matches and grab all the rewards before the Operation Snowdown ends on January 5.
Stay tuned to ESTNN for more Fortnite news and updates!
Featured Image: Epic Games
Source: Read Full Article