With December presenting the opportunity to reflect on the year’s releases, Apple’s hopping onto the trend by gathering its best of the best for 2019. The company has announced its best games and apps of 2019, and in the iPhone games category, that honor goes not to something from the library of the recently-launched Apple Arcade subscription service, but to the latest game from Journey developer thatgamecompany–there’s instead a category specific to Apple Arcade. Here are all the winners in both categories across iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple TV, and Arcade.
In a blog post, Apple that thatgamecompany’s Sky: Children of the Light was awarded the iPhone Game of the Year accolade. The adventure game about life’s various stages launched on July 18 for Android and iOS, garnering a positive reception for its themes of coping with change and forming connections. Apple also went through its various other platforms, handing out awards for iPad, Mac, and Apple TV.
The iPad Game of the Year went to 2016 indie smash-hit Hyper Light Drifter, which saw an iOS release on July 25. Indie adventure-platformer GRIS was given the Mac Game of the Year award, and throwback action-adventure game Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap received the Apple TV Game of the Year award. Finally, the pop album game Sayonara Wild Hearts closed the list out with the Apple Arcade Game of the Year award.
Check below for the full list of Apple’s Best Games and Apps of 2019.
Apple’s Best Games of 2019
- iPhone Game of the Year – Sky: Children of Light
- iPad Game of the Year – Hyper Light Drifter
- Mac Game of the Year – Gris
- Apple TV Game of the Year – Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap
- Gaming Trend of 2019 – Blockbusters Reimagined
- Apple Arcade Game of the Year – Sayonara Wild Hearts
Apple’s Best Apps of 2019
- iPhone App of the Year – Spectre Camera
- iPad App of the Year – Flow by Moleskine
- Mac App of the Year – Affinity Publisher
- Apple TV App of the Year – The Explorers
- App Trend of 2019 – Storytelling Simplified
Source: Read Full Article