Pearl Abyss just added the Nova class to Black Desert in December, but it’s already giving players new ways to enhance the character. As of today, anyone on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, or Xbox Series X will now have access to Nova’s Awakening and Succession skills.
Regardless of the path you take, you’ll learn powerful new skills that are bound to alter your playstyle. Opt for Succession, and you’ll still be using Nova’s traditional Morning Star and Quoratum – although you’ll now have four devastating new abilities to master:
- Prime: King of the Dead – Summons Axian, the King of the Dead, although you’ll need to sacrifice a bit of HP and your Thornwood guards.
- Prime: Entangling Icy Thorns – Creates a ring of thorns that ensnares foes, followed by an attack from Axian.
- Prime: Fianchetto – Launch enemies into the air with your Morning Star, followed by an attack from Axian.
- Prime: Icy Prison – Axian unleashes a frost attack on foes in the area.
If you’d rather go the Awakening route, you’ll gain control of a new weapon – Sting – which can take the form of both a sword and scythe. Here are the skills you’ll need to master:
- Royal Fencing: Remise – Pierce enemies with quick thrusts from Sting.
- Comet – Charge forward, directly attacking an enemy.
- Starfall – Conjure blades of light that shoot forward at your enemies.
- Star’s Ring – Summon a star after turning Sting into a scythe, trapping and damaging foes with its gravity.
As an added bonus, Black Desert is offering a special Nova event that will run until February 3. During the event, anyone who reaches levels 58 through 61 as the Nova class will earn additional Gold Bars, Combat EXP Increase Scrolls, Shakatu’s Rare Chests, and Item Collection Increase Scrolls – not a bad way to start the new year.
Several other changes were made with the latest update, including crafting methods for Capotia accessories, adjustments to numerous class skills, and various bug fixes. For more information on the first Black Desert patch of 2021, check out its official website.
NEXT: Cyberpunk 2077 Has Graffiti Saying “Cirilla Cintra Rulez”
- Game News
- Black Desert
- Black Desert Online
Jon Bitner is an Associate Editor for TheGamer. His passion for gaming started with his first console (Sega Genesis) and he hasn’t stopped playing since. His favorite titles include The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Team Fortress 2, Rainbow Six Siege, Pokémon Sword & Shield, Old School Runescape, Skyrim, and Breath of the Wild. He can usually be found playing the latest RPG, FPS, or some obscure mobile game. Before working as Associate News Editor, Jon earned a Biology degree and worked in the Biotechnology sector — experiences that taught him how to put words together and make sentences. When not playing or writing about the gaming industry, he enjoys sleeping, eating, and staring at birds.
Source: Read Full Article