Gearbox Software has released the latest hotfix update for Borderlands 3 on PC, PlayStation 4, Stadia, and Xbox One. The new update arrived on May 14 and, as usual for these hotfixes it will just be automatically applied without a download. You can check out the full patch notes below; read on for an overview of some of the most notable changes and fixes.
The leading feature of this hotfix update is the continuation of the Loot the Universe mini-event. The event will now take place on the lost Eridian planet of Nekrotafeyo until May 21, where you can farm Legendary Eridian weapons and get the chance to score other Legendary gear types (such as class mods, artifacts, shields, grenade mods, and more).
The patch also makes some adjustments based on community feedback. This includes tweaking Mayhem Mode so that it showers players with rewards after dying, adding the Mongol to Thunk and Sloth’s item pool, increasing the chances for more Legendary loot to drop from the boss and mini-boss in Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite, changing the dedicated loot pools for Wotan and the Valkyrie Squad, and more.
Gearbox recently confirmed additional changes are in the works for Borderlands 3’s revised Mayhem Mode. This includes making adjustments to difficulty, gear balancing, scaled damage sources, and build diversity. These changes will roll out in two separate phases, with the first appearing in the next Takedown update and the second following sometime later.
Borderlands 3 May 14 Hotfix Patch Notes
- Activate the Loot the Universe event on Nekrotafeyo until 9:00 AM PT on May 21!
- Addressed a reported concern where Mayhem would occasionally not award cash, Eridium, or XP after death.
- Addressed a reported concern that the Legendary weapons Storm and Firestorm were sometimes not spawning their elemental orbs when fired.
- Removed the inaccurate “Anointed Gunner” text from weapons with the non-character-specific elemental critical hit Anointment.
- Added the Mongol to Thunk and Sloth’s item pool and increased its damage.
- Changed the dedicated loot pools for Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite’s boss and mini-boss, Wotan and the Valkyrie Squad.
- Increased the chance for more than one Legendary to drop from the dedicated loot pools of the boss and mini-boss in Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite.
Borderlands 3 News
- Borderlands 3 Patch Notes For New Hotfix Update
- Borderlands 3 Dev Outlines Big Changes Coming To Mayhem Mode
- Borderlands 3 Patch Notes Make Further Changes To Mayhem
- New Borderlands 3 Revenge Of The Cartels Event Is Live Until June 4
Source: Read Full Article