During Sony’s State of Play presentation, we got our first look at gameplay for the gonzo and widely memed game Bugsnax. As explained by a very grouchy editor in the gameplay trailer, you’re a journalist who ventures to the Isle of Bugsnax to find the critters and examine the life there.
When you find the island, you catalog the creatures with photography mechanics. You can use tools like a ketchup lure, traps, and a crossbow to help you lure out and find the creatures roaming around the island. The island inhabitants will give you quests, and you appear to help rebuild the community there.
While most of the Bugsnax creatures have been relatively small–you know, they’re snacks–the trailer also gave a brief glimpse of a giant winged pizza monster, so suffice it to say Bugsnax come in all shapes and sizes and flavors.
Bugsnax gained a lot of attention in part for its theme song, which is by Kero Kero Bonito. The song is currently available on streaming services as well as vinyl if you’re eager to get in the Bugsnax spirit ahead of time.
Bugsnax is slated for release in holiday 2020.
PS5 And PS4 News And Announcements
- PlayStation August State Of Play Today: How To Watch, Start Times, And What To Expect
- Braid Anniversary Edition Announced At PlayStation Event
- Bugsnax Gets Gameplay Debut At PlayStation State Of Play
- Spelunky 2 Is Launching Next Month
- Hitman 3 Is Getting A PSVR Mode That Includes The Entire Trilogy
Source: Read Full Article