When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Valve has released a giant new patch today that brings a brand hero to the already impressive roster.
Dawnbreaker – aka Valora – has been fully revealed and looks set to offer some intriguing options for those prepared to try something new.
The hero description released with DOTA 2 7.29 adds: “In the aeons after the Keeper’s exodus birthed the age of light, some amongst the first sun’s lineage began to align against the chaos their ancestor’s maker left chasing in his wake.
“Calling themselves the Children of Light, they saw no one else as worthy of taking up the Keeper’s abandoned mantle, and they yearned to beat back the onslaught of darkness, creating glorious armies built to purge the cosmos of all creatures of primordial night.
“Valora, the Dawnbreaker, most prized warrior amongst the Children’s ancient creations, is the shining herald of the majesty of order and light.
“Molded from the heart of a young metallic star, and charged by golden breath with new life, Valora was called to spread the glow of the Children’s wisdom to the darkest reaches of the universe — setting fire to the heavens with each swing of her celestial hammer amidst the endless battle to keep chaos at bay.”
Dawnbreaker has a great collection of abilities to pull from, including starbreaker, Celestial Hammer, Luminosity and Solar Guardian.
Dawnbreaker whirls her hammer around 3 times, damaging enemies with her attack plus bonus damage. On the final strike, she smashes her hammer down, stunning and damaging enemies in front of her.
- COMBO DURATION: 1.1
- SWIPE RADIUS: 360
- SWIPE BONUS DAMAGE: 25 / 35 / 45 / 55
- SMASH RADIUS: 250
- SMASH BONUS DAMAGE: 40 / 65 / 90 / 115
- SMASH STUN DURATION: 0.8 / 1.0 / 1.2 / 1.4
Dota 2: Valve introduce new hero Snapfire
Dawnbreaker hurls her weapon at a target, damaging enemies struck along the way. The hammer pauses for 2.0 seconds at the destination before flying back to her, leaving a trail of fire that slows enemies. Dawnbreaker can recall the hammer at any time, pulling her towards it so they meet in the middle.
- HAMMER DAMAGE: 60 / 90 / 120 / 150
- FIRE TRAIL DURATION: 2.5
- FIRE TRAIL RADIUS: 150
- FIRE TRAIL MOVEMENT SLOW: 35%
- FIRE TRAIL BURN DPS: 20
- CAST RANGE: 1000 / 1100 / 1200 / 1300
After 3 attacks, Dawnbreaker powers up, charging her next attack with a critical hit that heals all allied heroes within 650 units around her for a portion of attack damage dealt. Creeps and neutral enemies provide less healing. Allies are healed for 35% of the amount.
- HEALING FROM HEROES: 25% / 30% / 35% / 40%
- CRITICAL STRIKE DAMAGE: 120% / 140% / 160% / 180%
- CREEP HEAL PENALTY: 50%
Dawnbreaker creates a pulsing effect at a location within 350 units of an allied hero anywhere on the map, damaging enemies and healing allies with each pulse. After a short duration, she flies to the target location, dealing additional damage and stunning enemies upon landing. Once channeled, Dawnbreaker cannot stop the ability.
- LAND RADIUS: 400
- DAMAGE PER PULSE: 30 / 50 / 70
- HEAL PER PULSE: 40 / 55 / 70
- LANDING DAMAGE: 130 / 160 / 190
- LANDING STUN DURATION: 1.1 / 1.3 / 1.5
Away from the new DOTA hero and here are some of the other highlights from today’s patch:
- Terrain updated with various changes
- Added Water Power Rune. Spawns at both Power Rune locations only at minute 2 and 4. Instantly restores 100 health and 80 mana when used. Can be used to fill bottles. Starting at 6 minutes, Power Runes spawn as usual on one side.
- Added +2 Attributes leveling for up to 7 times (for the 7 empty levels from 1-26), and can be leveled in any order (via clicking on the talent tree circle). They will automatically be leveled if there are no other options available.
- Level 30 no longer grants all remaining talents. Instead level 27/28/29/30 will grant you the remaining level 10/15/20/25 talents
- Outposts no longer give XP at the 10/20/30/etc minute mark
- Outposts now provide XPM while controlled (XP = 2*Minute). No extra XP granted when controlling two outposts, similar to the existing rules.
- Compared to the previous version at 10/20/30/40 minutes, total XP given per player changed from 150/500/1050/1800 to 110/420/930/1640.
- The XP is provided on the minute mark
- The amount you get for each minute at the start is 2/4/6/8/10/12/14/16/18/20 for minutes 1 through 10
- Bounty Runes after the initial set are reduced by 10%
- Bounty Runes no longer spawn in the river. The amount these runes gave is now provided automatically over time through GPM.
- Bounty Runes now spawn every 3 minutes in the respective jungle area (total rune count reduced from 4 to 2)
- Bounty Runes no longer disappear when new ones spawn, they now spawn alongside the previous one if it isn’t picked up
- At minute 0, Bounty Runes spawn in the jungle and at the power rune locations (4 total at the start of the game)
- Various cast ranges and movement speed talents/items/abilities have been replaced or toned down (these are included in-line with the item and hero sections below)
- Hero kill assist gold now adjusted based on the relative NW difference between the two teams. For example, if your team is down 5,000 gold and the enemy has 50,000 total net worth, your assist gold will be worth 10% more.
- Heroes now start the game with 1 TP scroll rather than 3
- Heroes now gain 1 TP scroll on death
- TP Scroll cost increased from 90 to 100
- Heroes with 1.0 turn rate now have 0.9 turn rate
- Heroes with 0.5 turn rate now have 0.6 turn rate
- Turn rate effect on time to turn improved by 20%
- Aghanim’s Scepter: Roshan drop now requires you to activate it to consume it (has no effect until consumed)
- Aghanim’s Shard: Now drops on the second Roshan kill, and only that one (has same activation mechanics as the Scepter drop)
- Increase building teleportation range from 575 to 800 (affects TP scrolls and Boots of Travel)
- Outpost teleport base channel time reduced from 6 to 5 seconds
- Outpost vision reduced from 700 to 500
- Captains Mode initial picking phase changed from 1st-2nd-1st-2nd to 1st-2nd-2nd-1st
- Hoodwink added to Captains Mode
- Couriers no longer have vision when inside Roshan’s pit
- Wards can now be denied from full health by any allied player if the ward is placed in a spawn camp box
- Ancient neutral creeps armor increased by 1 (except for the Ancient Golems)
- Neutral Items now fly towards the killing hero, rather than spawning under the dead unit
- Hero ban count for matchmaking increased by 6 (still chance-based)
- Buyback cost reduced from 200 + NetWorth/12 to 200 + NetWorth/13
- Courier respawn time reduced from 60 + 7*Level to 60 + 6*Level
- Backdoor protection damage reduction increased from 40% to 50%
- Hero-to-hero item transfer range increased from 150 to 300
- Tree respawn interval reduced from 5 to 3 minutes
- The following abilities no longer destroy trees: Earth Splitter, Mortimer Kisses, Meteor Hammer, Macropyre.
- Reduced the radius of tree destruction on the following abilities: Wild Axes, Gust, Power Cogs, Vacuum, Fire Remnant, Relocate, Tether, Blinding Light, Skewer, Doppelganger, Telekinesis, Firesnap Cookie, Spit Out, Spider Legs, Blast Off!, Toss, Snowball, Powershot, Will-O-Wisp.
Source: Read Full Article