Fortnite Update 11.40 was released this morning and as with most updates since the start of Fortnite Chapter 2, players were left waiting on those official patch notes.
Sometimes Epic Games has revealed them to fans, and other times since the start of the new map, they've not.
A stark contrast to the years of weekly updates fans have largely become accustomed to.
But this week, with the first real update to the game since the start of 2020, Epic Games did actually reveal some patch notes for fans to get their teeth stuck into.
That's the good news.
The downside is that they're relatively brief. Especially when you consider the game has been on something of a winter hiatus over Christmas.
Regardless, here is everything that Epic Games has revealed in today's new latest news post on the official Fortnite website.
v11.40 is live for Battle Royale and includes the following changes:
- Introducing Sidegrading: the Heavy Assault Rifle returns.
- In non-competitive playlists, you can now use Upgrade Machines to “Sidegrade” your Assault Rifle into a Heavy Assault Rifle.
- Reduced material costs for upgrading weapons at Upgrade Machines.
- Added the following items to Battle Lab:
- Flint-Knock Pistol (Common and Uncommon)
- Shockwave Grenade
- Impulse Grenade
- The iPad Pro (2018 release) now supports 120 FPS.
- Clickable thumbstick buttons (L3 and R3) are now usable on supported iOS controllers.
- Players’ Star Wars Achievements have returned to the Legacy timeline.
- Resolved an issue involving the “F” key not enabling proper movement after direction was remapped to it.
- Resolved an issue involving editing quickly causing players to remain in Edit mode.
- Falling into a Hideout no longer causes the Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle’s crosshairs to disappear.
- Resolved an issue involving the “Visit different bus stops in a single match” Remedy vs. Toxin Challenge not tracking progress for some bus stops.
- The Spectrum Contrail again changes colors while in motion.
- Continued to make improvements regarding FPS drops and hitching on mobile devices.
- Resolved an issue involving mobile players getting stuck in a loop on the Select Fire Mode screen.
- Resolved an issue involving console players being unable to progress through the gifting process if they did not have Two-Factor Authentication enabled.
Latest Games News
Source: Read Full Article