The launch of Halo 2 on PC and Steam platforms has been confirmed for this week and gamers are only hours away from the MCC update rolling out. A full schedule has been confirmed for the Halo 2 PC release date, which has been set for May 12 in the United States, and May 13 in the UK. The reason behind the new patch for the Halo Master Chief Collection is rolling out so later is to avoid issues with servers at peak usage times.
WHEN IS HALO 2 RELEASING ON PC AND STEAM?
Microsoft has set the Halo 2 PC release time for 8pm PT, on May 12.
That means Halo 2 will be playable on PC in the UK at around 4am on Wednesday, May 13, 2020.
A new update from Microsoft also confirms that there will also be plenty of bugs to squash post-launch, along with new features going live.
The update reads: “As some of you may have heard earlier this week, Halo 2 (H2) and Halo 2: Anniversary (H2:A) are coming to PC players on May 12th, at 8pm PT (UTC-7).
“With this comes many new features for PC players including Theater for Halo 2: Anniversary and Halo: Reach, Customization for H2 and H2:A, and Weekly Campaign Challenges.
“Previously, we had talked a little bit about an update called “Thorage” and this update has been split up into separate ones as Theater is ready for PC while Forge is not.
“Great progress has been made on Forge, but we still have several supporting systems we are working through before this feature is complete.
“As we get closer to completion and it is ready to make the Great Journey to PC, we will keep y’all in the loop. Now, let’s dive into what folks can expect next week.
“Unfortunately, with the good there is a small bad. Our test teams identified a newly introduced issue in H2:A where the reticule is off centered when playing split screen multiplayer.
“The team is working on a fix for this and we will be targeting a hot fix build update for this in the coming weeks ahead.
Xbox users will also notice some changes this week, including gameplay improvements to Halo 3.
Below is the current Known Issues list accompanying the launch of H2 and H2:A. Microsoft has also confirmed that several of these are already pending fixes or in progress and will be resolved in future updates:
- Settings saved in the flight are saved in the same file as used with retail MCC on PC
- On Xbox in Co-op multiplayer, the HUD will become off centered when zooming in
- Terminal videos default to English only
- In-game audio plays while viewing terminal videos
- Subtitles are not present in campaign gameplay
- Subtitles are out of sync with audio when viewing cutscenes
- Users on AMD hardware may encounter missing and/or flickering textures across campaign (such as the Elevator on Oracle)
- Oracle in has several graphical issues including around glass flood tanks, clouds, and lightning effects
- Cinematic audio for in Halo 2 and Halo 2: Anniversary is affected by different audio option sliders.
- Enemy Elites do not dual wield in the Campaign
- Campaign cutscenes are much louder than gameplay
- Some Campaign missions have FPS drops on first launch of the mission
- When having multiple audio devices and swapping between classic and remastered graphics in cutscenes, audio can change output devices
- When using a Ryzen 5 and AMD GPU, large rectangle volumes appear on the mission Oracle
- Blur Cinematics and Terminal videos can have visual issues in non-16:9 aspect ratios as they were rendered at 16:9
- Gunfire sounds are missing from multiple weapons with the Scarab Skull active
- With the Scarab Gun skull active, a hardlock can happen when firing a plasma rifle after swapping weapons with an Elite
- Sentinel lights will display for a short time after death before disappearing
- Some environmental textures appear in lower than expected resolutions
- Music will loop incorrectly on Metropolis while in the Scorpion tank
- Using Nvidia GPUs on Classic graphics, various foliage environment LOD textures are missing
- Gravemind on co-op has hitches and with poor network conditions disconnects can happen
- When swapping between Classic and Remastered graphics music will change to different parts of the track.
Halo 2: Anniversary
- Pixilation on shadows can be seen in Anniversary graphics
- Forge map lighting is not appearing correctly
- Performance lowers during games of 3 plots
- Texture resolution is displaying in low quality through various parts of the title
- When looking at the fan on Stonetown, FPS sometimes drops to 45
- Audio is missing when reloading weapons when done quickly
- Primary weapon audio decreases if you are shooting while picking up a secondary weapon
- Decals on the Gauss Warthog turret will detach from the model during the firing animation
- When using newer Intel drivers with onboard graphics, you cannot launch
- Performance in theater films is capped at 60 fps when framerate is set to unlimited
- There are no inversion options in the Settings Menu for dual wielding
- Lighting is inconsistent between Elite and Spartan armors
- There is visible stuttering on objects when strafing with Unlimited Framerate enabled
- Sound effects do not play for the player holding the oddball when playing Hot Potato
- The Hoplite armor is missing a rear armor piece in gameplay
- When using voice chat there is no notification that players are talking
- The music mixing is much quieter in MCC compared to the original
- Team Spawn system does not have parity with original
- Bullet registration is not in parity with the original
- The respawn timer is hidden by the territory capture meter in multiplayer
- Gamma values are excessively blown out compared to legacy
- Super bouncing does not mirror legacy
- Snow VFX do not match legacy behavior on snow weather missions and maps
- The sun is not rendering on most maps and missions
- When playing at higher field of view, textures will appear to pop in more frequently as the LOD distance is shortened
- Banshees turn faster when using Mouse and Keyboard
Source: Read Full Article