We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Hearthstone Battlegrounds remains one of the game’s most popular spin-off modes, requiring no card packs or extensive knowledge of the base game to play.
And while there are upgrades available for those who are ready to splash some cash, each game of Battlegrounds can offer different challenges and outcomes.
And today has seen a new Battlegrounds update that makes some big changes in the keywords and heroes department.
Blizzard has confirmed that the Avenge keyword has been added to the game, which will add some new end-game factors.
37 Minions are also being replaced, making it one of the biggest shake-ups of the Battlegrounds meta in quite some time.
Blizzard has also made some important background changes that should keep players in the game longer, providing further options in the survival and perhaps making a few strategies more viable.
A message from Blizzard explains: “Are you ready for the biggest Battlegrounds update to date?! To start, we’re introducing an entirely new Battlegrounds specific keyword, Avenge, that does something after (x) friendly minions die. Then, we’re replacing 37 minions with new ones and adding two new Heroes!
“We’ve made a few fundamental changes we want to make you aware of. We’ve added a damage cap of 15 damage until the first player dies, meaning that no player can take more than 15 damage from combat until the first player in a lobby dies or disconnects.
“We’ve also increased turn timers so that everyone has time to get familiar with the new content: the length of turns 3-9 have been increased by 5 seconds. Everyone will start fresh with this update as ratings will be reset with the 21.2 patch to make way for a new season.”
Hearthstone: Cinematic trailer for ‘Rise of Shadows’ expansion
The general updates noted in the official Hearthstone Battlegrounds patch notes include the following:
- Battlegrounds Specific Keyword added, Avenge: Does something after (x) friendly minions die.
- The length of turns 3-9 have been increased by 5 seconds. We may further adjust the length of turns sometime in the future.
- Darkmoon Prizes have been disabled.
- All players’ Battlegrounds ratings have been reset for a new season.
- Damage cap of 15 damage has been added until the first player dies. Please note that the damage cap does not check for player deaths until the start of each Recruit Phase, meaning if someone concedes, disconnects, or dies during the Recruit Phase (Is Wrath Weaver ever really on your team?), the damage cap will still be present for that combat.
- Players with Battlegrounds Perks are now more likely to be offered new Heroes during the two-week early access period that follows their initial announcement. In every lobby during the two-week early access period, the option to play with new Heroes will be distributed at random between players with Battlegrounds Perks. No player will be offered more than one new Hero.
Source: Read Full Article