In Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3, Commander Shepard’s quarters aboard the Normandy get an upgrade, giving you lots more space and little features to interact with. As well as the model ships that you can collect to decorate your cabin with, you also have a fish tank so you can purchase your own little pets.
The fish tank is empty at first, but you can purchase or obtain fish from different locations to fill your tank. However, you also need to take care of the fish or they will die, leaving you to clean the tank out and have to buy yourself some new fish. Here’s a full guide on how and where to get all the fish in both Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3.
Taking Care of Your Fish
Once you have some fish in your tank, you must feed them after each mission/assignment or they will die. This is the same for both Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3.
Mass Effect 2: Feeding your fish can be particularly easy to forget, but fortunately, you can rope Kelly Chambers into feeding your fish on your behalf for Mass Effect 2. Speak with Kelly each time you recruit a new squadmate and flirt with her. Eventually, you’ll have a dinner date with her and she will offer to feed your fish for you.
Mass Effect 3: You can purchase the Aquarium VI upgrade from Elkoss Combine Arsenal Supplies on the Citadel. This will ensure that your fish are automatically fed.
Mass Effect 2 Fish
- Illium Skald Fish: Purchased from Citadel Souvenirs for 500 credits.
- Thessian Sunfish: Purchased from Citadel Souvenirs for 500 credits. (Only available after Priority: Horizon)
- Prejek Paddle Fish: Purchased from Memories of Illium for 8,000 credits.
Mass Effect 3 Fish
- Illium Sklad Fish: Purchased from Kanala Exports for 1,000 credits.
- Thessian Sunfish: Purchased from Kanala Exports for 1,000 credits.
- Koi Fish: Purchased from Kanala Exports for 1,000 credits.
- Striped Dartfish: Purchased from Kanala Exports for 1,000 credits.
- Belan Jellyfish: Purchased from Kanala Exports for 1,000 credits.
- Khar’shan Snapping Eel: Purchased from Kanala Exports for 10,000 credits.
- Prejek Paddle Fish: Only available if Kelly Chambers agreed to look after your fish in Mass Effect 2 and that she survived the Suicide Mission. You will meet Kelly in the refugee camp on the Citadel and she will return them to you if the previous requirements have been met.
Source: Read Full Article