So that Minecraft AR game that’s been teased for a while–that we touch on in our explanation as to why the survival game is one of the 21st century’s most influential titles–has been officially revealed. Microsoft revealed a new trailer for the game, called Minecraft Earth, which can be watched below. The free-to-play iOS and Android game lets you explore the real world and build within it with Minecraft blocks. A closed beta is scheduled for this summer.
As you explore in Minecraft Earth, you can find treasure chests, clusters of blocks, or mobs that the company has nicknamed “Tappables.” You can also stumble across Adventures, which overlay a full Minecraft-like area with resources to collect and mobs to dispatch. As you take on Adventures, you’ll gain experience to progress in your career. The studio also promises new mobs and variants especially for Minecraft Earth.
Click To Unmute Minecraft Earth: Official Reveal Trailer
- Xbox One May 2019 Update Out Now – GS News Update
- Microsoft and Sony Announce Partnership for Gaming and Cloud Services – GS News Update
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Online Beta Ends, Gets Full Launch – GS News Update
- Nintendo, Microsoft, And More: E3 2019 Press Conference Schedule – GS News Update
- Fortnite Update 9.1 Adds Tactical Assault Rifle, But Vaults Combat SMG – GS News Update
- Fortnite: Week 2 Secret Fortbyte #13 Location Guide (Season 9 Utopia Challenge)
- Rainbow Six Siege Operator Clash Temporarily Removed – GS News Update
- Capcom Talks Next-Gen Consoles And Games – GS News Update
- Yakuza Kiwami 2 On PC With The Crime Boys
- Destiny 2 – Where Is Xur? Exotic Vendor Location & Gear Guide (May 17 – 21)
- Minecraft Earth Mobile Game Revealed – GS News Update
- Super Mario Maker 2: Story Mode, Co-Op Play, and New Features – GS News Update
Want us to remember this setting for all your devices?
Sign up or Sign in now!
Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos. This video has an invalid file format. 00:00:00
Sorry, but you can’t access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video
By clicking ‘enter’, you agree to GameSpot's
Obviously it wouldn’t be Minecraft without building, and in Minecraft Earth you can build permanent structures on Build Plates. These let you make small environments on your tabletop or expand them to life-size scale when placed on the ground. It also promises multiplayer.
You can sign up for a chance to participate in the beta through the official site. Signing up gets you an Earth skin that can be claimed within 24 hours. In a FAQ, Microsoft says the game will not use loot boxes. It also addresses safety concerns.
“We take safety seriously and are taking measures to make Minecraft Earth an enjoyable and reliable experience for all our players,” the FAQ states. “Players and parents will be able to use Account Management to adjust safety and privacy settings. A reporting system will allow players to report any concerns in-game and on our website. In addition, we will also have a moderation team working 24/7 to manage and respond to reports.”
Source: Read Full Article