Nier Replicant is a remaster/remake hybrid of the original title from 2010, and while it shares many of the same achievements/trophies as the original, there are a number of new accolades to earn too. One thing that has remained the same about both versions is that the games are not the easiest to 100% complete, so prepare yourself for multiple playthroughs and a lot of grinding.
With multiple endings, lots of missable content, and plenty of farming required, you’ll be pumping quite a few hours into Replicant. Just below we’ve broken down the achievement/trophy guide into the best route to follow to get all accolades, with additional links to relevant guides. Spoilers ahead!
IMPORTANT NOTE: Nier Replicant is split into two parts divided by a five-year time skip. Your first playthrough will be the only one to fully feature both Part One and Part Two of the game, as all subsequent New Game Plus save files begin after the time skip. As a result, a lot of the content from Part One will become locked to you after your first playthrough.
We have written this guide with the expectation that you want to enjoy the game on your first playthrough. As such, we have left the speedrun accolade for last so you don’t have to rush your first experience of the game. “Lightspeed Fighter” requires that you complete both Part One and Part Two of the game within 15 hours, and New Game Plus saves don’t work for this as they begin from Part Two.
However, if you don’t want to do this additional playthrough at the end, you can move many of the time-consuming accolades we recommend getting in your first playthrough into your next, and then aim to get the game finished within 15 hours on your very first run by only doing essential quests and skipping cutscenes as needed.
- The Book of Legend — Grimoire Weiss joined your party: Story related and cannot be missed.
- The Wild Companion — Kaine joined your party: Story related and cannot be missed.
- The Magic Man — You learned every type of magic: Story related and cannot be missed.
- The Mellow Companion — Emil joined your party: Story related and cannot be missed.
- Release — You freed Kaine from her petrification: Story related and cannot be missed.
- Key Collector — You completed the key to the Shadowlord’s Castle: Story related and cannot be missed.
- A World in Flux — You defeated the Shadowlord: Story related and cannot be missed.
- Call Her Back — You viewed the first ending (Ending A): Story related and cannot be missed. We have a guide on all of the different endings right here.
- The Sheep Whisperer — You killed 100 sheep: This can only be done during Part One as sheep are no longer available in Part Two. You can find sheep in the Northern Plains, then use your Order > Animal > Call function to make the sheep come to you, and then slaughter them. Zone out of the area and in again to make them respawn, then rinse and repeat until your accolade pops.
- All Aboared! — You rode a boar for at least five minutes: You can unlock boar riding by completing the “Boar Hunt” quest near the very beginning of the game. Simply sit atop a boar for five minutes for this to unlock, you don’t need to actually be riding it around.
- Combo Fanatic — You pulled off a 50-hit combo: See “Combo Master”.
- Combo Master — You pulled off a 100-hit combo: We recommend getting this as part and parcel of the “Boar Hunt” quest and have a guide on how to best complete this here.
- Village Handyman — You completed 10 quests: See “Go-To Guy”.
- Jack of All Trades — You completed 20 quests: See “Go-To Guy”.
- Go-To Guy — You completed 30 quests: There are more than enough quests in the game to easily get this and it is achievable in Part One alone. We recommend checking out our Complete Quest List guide to ensure you don’t miss any quests.
- Material Hunter — You collected 50 types of raw materials: This should come naturally while playing, but we recommend gathering everything you see as you go from your very first playthrough to make weapon upgrade farming a little easier later on (as your items carry over into New Game Plus).
- Legendary Gardener — You successfully cultivated the legendary flower: This accolade can be rather time-consuming, especially if you’re not manipulating your system time. We recommend doing it in this first playthrough as gardening is a great way to earn gold too. We have a guide on how to grow the Lunar Tear here.
- Fish of Legend — You caught a rhizodont: We have a guide to catching the Rhizodont here, but refer to “A Round by the Pond” for more details.
- A Round by The Pond — You caught one of every type of fish: In order to achieve this, you will need to complete every “Fisherman’s Gambit” quest, we have a full guide here. These quests increase your fishing skill and catching all of the fish without raising your skill is impossible.
- Lingering Memories — You viewed the second ending (Ending B): We have a guide on unlocking the different endings right here, but essentially complete the game a second time using your New Game Plus save file to unlock this.
- Man of Means — You accumulated 1,000,000 pieces of gold: There are plenty of ways to make a decent amount of gold. You might even get this on your first playthrough.
- Wordsmith — You collected 50 percent of all words: Words naturally drop from enemies as you progress through the game. You might even get this on your first playthrough.
- Make sure you save before the final battle at the Shadowlord’s castle on this playthrough.
- Do not collect the key fragment from the Aerie until you have all the weapon upgrade materials you need (the Eagle Egg especially).
- Gratitude — You gave Louise’s letter to the postman: Story related and cannot be missed. Only happens on your third playthrough.
- Educated Warrior — You read all novel segments about your friends’ pasts: Story related and cannot be missed. Only happens on your third playthrough.
- Weapons Collector — You found every weapon: We have a guide to collecting all weapons right here. This is a requirement to unlocking Ending C.
- Dear Diary — You completed the “Recycled World” quest: This is only available from your second playthrough onwards and its completion is required to obtain all weapons. You can access this by finding your mother’s diary in your home on your second playthrough onwards.
- Upgrade Apprentice — You Upgraded 5 weapons to their maximum level: See “Forging Master”.
- Reform Specialist — You Upgraded 15 weapons to their maximum level: See “Forging Master”.
- Forging Master — You Upgraded 33 weapons to their maximum level: This is essentially all weapons, so this is the best playthrough to do it on as you need to collect all weapons anyway. You can upgrade weapons at the Two Brothers Weaponry Store in the Junk Heap and we have a guide on obtaining all weapon upgrade materials right here.
- King of the Lost Shrine — You defeated Gretel within three minutes and twenty seconds: See “The Once and Final King”.
- A True Friend — You stopped the berserk Kaine within one minute: See “The Once and Final King”.
- Boss of the Junk Heap — You defeated P-33 within four and a half minutes: See “The Once and Final King”.
- Scourge of the Aerie — You defeated Wendy within eight and a half minutes: See “The Once and Final King”.
- Protector of Facade: You defeated Roc within three and a half minutes: See “The Once and Final King”.
- The Little Mermaid: You defeated Louise within five minutes: See “The Once and Final King”.
- Permission Granted — You drove off Devola and Popola within three minutes: See “The Once and Final King”.
- A Dirge for the Hero — You defeated Goose within two minutes: See “The Once and Final King”.
- Soul Crusher — You defeated Devola and Popola within three and a half minutes: See “The Once and Final King”.
- Book Burner — You defeated Grimoire Noir within one and a half minutes: See “The Once and Final King”.
- The Once and Final King — You defeated the Shadowlord within four minutes and twenty seconds: You might unlock this on an earlier playthrough, but make sure you get it on your third playthrough at the latest. Save before the boss fight so you can reload if needed.
- The Strongest Bond — You defeated berserk Kaine within three and a half minutes: Only available on your third playthrough. Save before the boss fight so you can reload if needed.
- Thank you — You viewed the third ending (Ending C): Load up your New Game Plus file after completing Ending B and play through. When you reach the Shadowlord’s castle, choose to kill them. We have a guide on the different endings right here.
After obtaining Ending C, reload your save file from before the final battle and do the following:
- Something Very Special — You viewed the fourth ending (Ending D): When you reach the Shadowlord’s castle, choose to save them. We have a guide on the different endings right here.
WARNING: After choosing Ending D, all of your save files will be deleted temporarily.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You must start a brand new save file and ensure you choose a different name for the protagonist than you did for your earlier save files.
- e8a898e686b6e382b5e383bce38390e383bc— You viewed the fifth ending (Ending E): We have a guide dedicated to Ending E right here.
- Daredevil — You risked life and limb 10 times to discover someone’s secret: When you gain control of Kaine, position the camera to look up her shorts until she kicks you away. Do this ten times.
Note: After completing Ending E, your Ending D save file will be restored.
- Lightspeed Fighter — You completed the game within fifteen hours: Start a new save file and speedrun through the game in less than 15 hours. Only do essential quests and skip through cutscenes as needed.
- The Final Verse — Congratulations! Thank you for playing!: Automatically unlocks once you have earned all other achievements/trophies.
Next: Nier Replicant Complete Guide And Walkthrough
- Nier Replicant
Meg appreciates gaming on all formats but primarily spends her time achievement hunting to the extreme. Her passion for gaming began as a child when first introduced to the Amstrad.
Source: Read Full Article