Persona 5 Strikers deviates from the usual turn-based battles that fans of the series have grown accustomed to, instead opting to go for a more action-RPG format. Personas are still the main focus in battle, but players are able to use a variety of other attacks.
Each character has four Master Art attacks that they can unlock, and obtaining all Master Arts for each character unlocks a trophy for each Phantom Thief, as well as an additional trophy for unlocking all Master Arts for the whole team. Here’s everything you need to know about Master Arts.
What are Master Arts and How to Unlock Them
Master Arts are a unique set of skills individual to each character, consisting of new combo attacks, as well as upgrades to existing attacks. You can only unlock Master Arts for characters by using them in battle first-hand; so for example, playing as Ann will begin to unlock her Master Arts the more you use her. The more enemies you defeat, the more Master Arts you will unlock. You can check each character’s Master Arts under the Stats menu.
Joker’s Special Attack changes depending on which Persona he has equipped.
- Marking Shot: Perform a follow-up after a Special Attack or midair gun attack.
- Wild Rush: Perform an additional Persona attack with the Special Attack button after a Basic Attack-Basic Attack-Basic Attack-Basic Attack-Basic Attack-Special Attack combo.
- Phantom Barrage: Special Attacks with guns won’t consume ammo. Pressing the Special Attack button after certain attacks will perform an additional three-shot attack.
- Dead Shot: While aiming with your gun, holding down the fire button will gradually consume ammo and perform an increasingly powerful shot.
Skull’s Special Attack is Toughness, which reduces the damage he takes and makes it more difficult to make him flinch.
- In My Sights: Perform a follow-up attack after a Basic-Basic-Special Attack combo.
- Good Measure: Basic Attack+Special Attack combo slam attack does increased damage. If the attack is charged, Captain Kidd will also attack.
- Sprinter: Speeds up the charge-up rate of attacks.
- Rebel Yell: Extends the active time of Toughness and increases the chance of reducing damage.
Mona’s Special Attacks transforms them into the Morgana Car so they can tackle enemies while driving.
- Animal Instinct: Perform a follow-up after a Basic-Basic-Basic-Basic-Special Attack combo.
- Cat’s Paw: Enemies are pulled in during the spinning portion of a Basic Attack+Special Attack combo, or with a Basic Attack-Basic Attack-Basic Attack-Special Attack combo.
- Miracle Punch: A Basic Attack-Basic Attack-Special Attack combo will have a slight chance of becoming a Miracle Punch.
- Cyclone Charge: While transformed, Morgana can perform a ram attack that generates a Wind affinity shockwave.
Panther’s Special Attack is Enchant, which temporarily applies Fire affinity to her whip. Pressing the Special Attack button during Enchant will perform a chain of attacks followed by a Fire attack, though this also removes Enchant.
- No Escape: Perform a follow-up after a Basic Attack-Basic Attack-Basic Attack-Basic Attack-Basic Attack combo.
- Feel the Heat: While Enchant is active, you can perform a downswing attack by pressing the Special Attack button at the end of combo attacks.
- Crocodile Tears: Basic Attack+Special Attack combo summons Carmen and casts Tarunda.
- Wildfire: Panther’s Fire Affinity attacks do increased damage and have an increased chance of inflicting Burn.
Fox’s Special Attack is Counter, which enters him into a stance with his sword ready so that he can counterattack when enemies attack him.
- Gleaming Blade: Perform a follow-up after a Basic Attack-Basic Attack-Special Attack combo.
- High Counter: Special Attack counters or performing a Basic Attack-Basic Attack-Basic Attack-Basic Attack-Special Attack combo temporarily increases the number of hits triggered when pressing the Special Attack button repeatedly.
- Legendary Thief: Basic Attack+Special Attack combo summons Goemon and casts Sukukaja. Press the Special Attack button repeatedly to cast Masukukaja instead.
- Ice Counter: Special Attacks inflict freeze. Press the Special Attack button repeatedly to increase the chance of Freeze.
Queen’s Special Attack is Burst, which temporarily applies a Nuclear affinity to her melee, gun, and special attacks while riding Johanna.
- Wheelie Rush: Perform a follow-up after a Basic Attack-Basic Attack-Special Attack combo.
- Phantom Star Rider: Burst strengthens Johanna’s Special Attacks.
- Fortified Moxy: Burst strengthens melee Special Attacks.
- Nuclear Reaction: Triggering a 1 More or follow-ups automatically achieves Burst.
Noir’s Special Attack summons Milady for an explosive crossfire. Holding the Special Attack button can extend all of Noir’s actions.
- Axe Waltz: Perform a follow-up after a Basic Attack-Basic Attack-Basic Attack-Basic Attack combo.
- Vertigo Slash: Chance of inflicting Dizzy with Basic Attack+Special Attack combo.
- Ballroom Blitzer: Increases the range and damage of all gun attacks. While holding the Special Attack button, ammo will no longer be consumed.
- Etoile: While holding the Special Attack button, attacks gradually become faster, and you become harder to flinch.
Sophie’s Special Attack is Upgrade, which increases the power and range of attacks. Pressing the Basic or Special Attack buttons as Sophie’s yo-yos come back (when her hands light up) can perform a Perfect Catch, which will also trigger an upgrade and enhance her attacks.
- Drive Spinner: Perform a follow-up after a Basic Attack+Basic Attack+Basic Attack+Basic Attack+Special Attack combo.
- Data Sync: Performing a Basic Attack or a midair Basic Attack with good timing will increase attack power by one upgrade level.
- Blast Processing: Special Attacks are enhanced after a Perfect Catch. While upgraded, press the Special Attack button repeatedly after Basic Attack+Special Attack or Basic Attack+Basic Attack+Special Attack combos for more hits.
- Mega Blaster: While aiming your gun, hold down the fire button to shoot a gravity bullet. Successfully performing a Perfect Catch will replenish ammo.
Wolf’s Special Attack is his Fury ability, and while active, his attacks will create shockwaves and his speed will increase, however, he will take damage while this ability is active. Aiming your guns as Wolf will deactivate Fury, however, Wolf’s gun attacks will also drain HP.
- Wolf’s Maw: While Fury is active, Almighty affinity is applied to all attacks.
- Master of the Hunt: Increases HP absorption when Fury is not active.
- Wolf’s Howl: While Fury is active, HP consumption is reduced and increases the chance of a Critical.
- Alpha’s Fangs: Perform a follow-up after a Basic Attack+Special Attack combo. Extend a Basic Attack+Basic Attack+Special Attack combo by holding the Special Attack button. Press the Special Attack button repeatedly after a Basic Attack+Basic Attack+Basic Attack+Special Attack combo for more hits.
Next: Persona 5 Strikers Complete Guide And Walkthrough
- persona 5 strikers
Meg appreciates gaming on all formats but primarily spends her time achievement hunting to the extreme. Her passion for gaming began as a child when first introduced to the Amstrad.
Source: Read Full Article