We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
The PS5 is undoubtedly one of the most sought after gifts for Christmas 2021.
Unfortunately, however, getting hold of a PlayStation 5 hasn’t been easy, despite the console launching over a year ago.
There are rumours the PS5 will be restocked by GAME in the coming days, although it’s unlikely to be delivered in time for the big day.
If you don’t mind waiting a few extra days, then head over to the GAME website on the morning of December 23, when the rumoured restock will take place.
Express Online has put together some tips and tricks for securing a console from GAME further down the page.
If you’re still hopeful of securing a PS5 console in time for Christmas, then you’re running out of options.
The only steady source of PS5 stock has been the second-hand market, but this means spending more than the recommended retail price.
If you’re desperate to secure a PlayStation 5 before Christmas and are willing to spend a little extra, then it’s worth checking out the Cash Converters website.
At the time of writing, the retailer currently has hundreds of PS5 consoles in stock, both in disc form and digital.
Most of the PS5 consoles are brand new and boxed, although they have been unsealed to check the contents.
Consoles are currently available for £599 from Cash Converters, so check your local store for availability.
CEX is also selling the PS5, only you’ll have to pay £695 to get hold of a boxed console.
If you are willing to go this high, then head over to the CEX website, type in your postcode and see if the console can be purchased in your area.
The store is even open on Christmas Eve, so you still have time to get hold of one.
With the likes of ASDA, Currys and Argos all restocking the PS5 in the last few days, you should also enquire about any cancelled orders.
PS5: Sony unveil pricing for PlayStation 5 console
If you are hoping to pick up a PS5 this week, then the following shopping tips should help.
PlayStation 5 general shopping tips…
• Login if you already have an account with the retailer.
• Use multiple devices wherever possible – desktop browser, laptop, tablet, smartphone.
• If the retailer has a dedicated app, download and use the app for purchasing a PS5.
• Sign up for retailer stock alerts where possible. Sites like ShopTo allow users to register interest.
• Follow stock checker accounts and websites, including PS5 UK Stock and Express Gaming.
PlayStation 5 shopping tips when buying from GAME…
• Get familiar with the bundles, so you know which one to target first: Obscure bundles are easier to get, standalones almost impossible. [GAME]
• When alerted, click through to your first bundle of choice as quickly as possible, this will get you into the queue. [GAME]
• If it says it’s failed when trying to checkout, it means that bundle is now OOS. So go back to the bundles and pick another one. [GAME]
• Checking out too much too quickly will give you a 30-60 second timeout, so don’t rush it. If this happens, just wait a bit then try again. [GAME]
Source: Read Full Article