- Best Artifacts To Steal For The Maximum Reward
- How To Move The Bookcase In The Office
One of the first missions you can take on in Shadowrun: Hong Kong is The Dig. It involves your team infiltrating a dig site underneath a museum that's both mysterious and lucrative. Your contractor wants you to obtain two specific magical tomes for him, and he wants you to make it look like a regular old burglary.
When you reach the museum, you'll quickly notice that you have some optional objectives. Depending on how you do at the burglary section of the mission, you'll nab some extra rewards that let you make your player character that little bit stronger.
Best Artifacts To Steal For The Maximum Reward
You'll notice that you have two separate optional objectives when you start this mission: "Steal ¥5,000 worth of valuables," and "Steal ¥10,000 worth of valuables." Completing both of these objectives rewards one bonus Karma point each, for a total of two.
You'll also notice that there are two meters on the left – one tracks the Alarm Threshold and one tracks how much nuyen you've stolen in artifacts. Every time you steal an artifact, the Alarm Threshold will rise by one.
If the Alarm Threshold reaches ten, you will fail the mission.
You'll have to reach 10,000 nuyen with nine artifacts stolen if you want the maximum reward from this quest, here's exactly how to do that.
The room in the image above is accessible on the left. In this room you should steal the following artifacts:
- Neanderthal Skeleton, Plesiosaur Jawbone, Valuable Urn, Authentic Utahraptor Skull, Ancient Vase.
- You should have a running total of ¥4,530 and an Alarm Threshold of 5/10.
In the room opposite, there are some more artifacts to grab. Get the following:
- Dragon Scales, Mummified Head.
- You should now have a running total of ¥6,880 and an Alarm Threshold of 7/10.
Head through the arch to the north and enter the office on the right.
How To Move The Bookcase In The Office
There are no artifacts to steal in this room, but if you examine the Bookshelf you can deduce that you can move it. You can do this in one of two ways:
- Asking Gaichu to move it or moving it yourself by passing a skill check that requires at least five Strength. Doing it this way will increase the Alarm Threshold by one point, which will forbid you from reaching ¥10,000 valuables stolen.
- Using the Terminal on the desk to move it. Doing it this way will not increase the Alarm Threshold.
Note that while Is0bel can help you log into the Terminal to read some information, you'll need to either pass a Decking skill check yourself or work out the terminal's password to move the bookcase. If you can pass the skill check, that's great, if not, you'll either need to use the clues in the office to work out the password yourself or find it in the expandable section below.
|How To Figure Out The Terminal Password|
The painting in the office gives you a massive clue as to the password.
The Lady of Shalott is a ballad written by Alfred Tennyson. With this information, you can deduce that the terminal password is "Tennyson."
With the bookcase moved, you can enter the secret storage room and steal the final artifacts:
- Mystic's Staff, Imbued Pottery.
- With these, you should have a final total of ¥11,630 and an Alarm Threshold of 9/10.
- With both optional objectives satisfied you'll receive two Karma and can now proceed with the rest of the mission unimpeded.
Source: Read Full Article