We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
A new day means a new Wordle, as puzzle 283 goes live for the duration of March 29. With Wordle puzzles getting tougher as the days go by, there’s a chance your winning streak could go up in smoke. Fortunately, Express Online has put together a selection of spoiler-free clues to help you figure out the correct answer. Just head down to the bottom of the page for the latest hints for Wordle 283. Good luck, and remember to check back tomorrow for the next set of teasers.
Wordle is a fairly straightforward game, but just in case you’re new to the daily puzzle, this is how it all works.
Players are given just six chances to correctly guess a five-letter word. To figure it out as quickly as possible, you need to pay attention to the colour of the tiles.
For each guess, the letter tiles will show up in one of three colours. If the letter tile turns grey, the letter does not appear in the word you are guessing.
If the tile turns yellow, the letter you guessed is in the word, just not in the correct position. If the tile turns green, the letter is in the word and in the right place.
You can share your score on social media for bragging rights, while the app keeps track of your statistics.
Indeed, if you’ve been a fan since the early days of Wordle, chances are you’ve built up quite the winning streak.
If you fail to solve the puzzle, then you’ll have to wait until the next day for a new Wordle to be released – plus your streak will be reset back to zero.
Read on for some general Wordle tips, followed by three specific clues for Wordle 283…
Wordle: Susie Dent discusses popular new online word game
Wordle tips and tricks…
• Don’t use the same letter twice in your opening guess.
• Try to use a couple of vowels in your first guess, particularly ‘A’ and ‘E’.
• Avoid letters such as ‘X’, ‘Z’ and ‘Q’ until later on, when you have a better idea what the answer is.
• ‘CRANE’ is a good word to start with, while ‘GHOUL’ is a decent second guess.
• Check out the daily hints provided by Express Online below…
Wordle 283 clues…
1. Wordle 283 starts with the letter S.
2. Wordle 283 contains just one vowel.
3. Two of the letters are the same.
Source: Read Full Article