The third-person “looter-slasher” Godfall was featured during Sony’s State of Play, and we got an in-depth look at many of the game’s systems. This was accompanied by PS5 footage that showed the game in action. Game director Keith Lee outlined gameplay details, and specifically how the weapon class system works.
Lee reiterated that there will be no microtransactions in Godfall and that the game features co-op with up to two other players. The game is both gear-driven and skill-based, and has an armor upgrade system that revolves around what are called Valor Plates.
The State of Play presentation had specifics on how the weapons system works in Godfall, which centers around five weapon types: Longswords, Dual Blades, Polearms, two-handed Warhammers, and two-handed Greatswords. Each type of weapon represents a class that has its own set of skills and abilities that cater to a certain playstyle. The in-depth details focused on Dual Blades and Longswords, which you can catch in the video above.
Regardless of weapon, Godfall is said to emphasize offense and aggressive play. Consistent with that design philosophy is that across the different classes, a shield will be important and available to all. They’re not just for defense, either–shields have their own unique skillset, with abilities like a wave attack, a Captain America-style throwing move, and an area-of-effect ground pound.
Lee mentioned that further details will come at later date, specifically covering the progression system and the rest of the weapon classes. Godfall is set to launch during Holiday 2020 as PlayStation 5 console exclusive and on PC.
- PS5 Pre-Order Guide: Retail Listings, DualSense Controller Info, And More
- Godfall PS5 Gameplay Details: Weapon Classes, Co-op, No Microtransactions, And More
- Sony Reveals New PlayStation 5 Game Hood During State Of Play
- Hitman 3 Is Getting A PSVR Mode That Includes The Entire Trilogy
- The Online Pokemon-Like Temtem Is Coming To PS5 in 2021
- Bugsnax Gets Gameplay Debut At PlayStation State Of Play
- Braid Anniversary Edition Announced At PlayStation Event
- PlayStation State Of Play Today: PS5 Games And Everything Shown
- Marvel's Avengers Beta Impressions: Some Assembly Required
- Call Of Duty 2020 Will Be Revealed "Fairly Soon," Activision Says
Want us to remember this setting for all your devices?
Sign up or Sign in now!
By clicking ‘enter’, you agree to GameSpot's
Now Playing: Godfall: Combat Overview – PS5 Gameplay Walkthrough
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Source: Read Full Article