It’s been a great month for free games, and now you have the chance to catch up on a great cyberpunk-themed game while waiting for that other cyberpunk game to finally release. Magrunner: Dark Pulse is available for free on Steam until August 28, so get in quick.
Magrunner mashes up technology and Cthulian mythology for a unique setting, but it’s most well known for its Portal-inspired first-person puzzle solving. It’s been generally well reviewed, scoring a 7.5 from GameSpot and boasting an overall score of 70 at GameSpot sister site Metacritic. While the game is a good few years old now, originally releasing on PS3, PC, and Xbox 360 in 2013, it’s worth catching up on if you’re a fan of Portal-style puzzles.
“At the risk of oversimplification, Magrunner is Portal with Cthulhu, and its tale of magnetism and descents into madness make it a trip worth taking,” GameSpot’s review of the 2013 game reads. “If you’re hungry for an extra helping of Portal with a different topping, Magrunner should satisfy your appetite for a single 11-hour playthrough.”
Magrunner isn’t the only free game you can snag right now. Amazon Prime members currently have access to a whopping list of 23 free PC games, while we’ve also rounded up some of the best freebies across all platforms here.
Best Deals This Week
- Luigi's Mansion 3 For $42, Cuphead For $16, And More Great Deals In Latest Switch eShop Sale
- Huge Star Wars Sale At GameStop Is Live: Black Series Action Figures, Funko Pops, And More
- Madden NFL 21 Gets Release Week Discount
- PSA: These Big PS5 Games Are $10 Off Right Now, In A Roundabout Way
- Here's Where You Can Get A Nintendo Switch Lite
- All The Free Game Promotions You Can Claim On PS4, Xbox One, PC, And More
Source: Read Full Article