The third title update for Madden NFL 21 is on the way. Ahead of its targeted release on September 10, Electronic Arts detailed the update on its official site. It’s set to fix a number of gameplay issues, improve navigation in Madden Ultimate Team, and improve the football game’s logic.
Madden NFL 21’s third title update will fix several defensive coverage issues, such as defenders in press-alignment not being able to backpedal properly. Tackle animations not triggering against juke moves will also be fixed, and so is an issue that caused receivers to warp into a tackle during a possession catch.
Madden Ultimate Team is also seeing a number of tweaks that mostly improve the speed of navigating menus. Players will be able to upgrade players quicker thanks to an improved user interface. An issue where roles didn’t work properly in MUT Squads is also being addressed.
Additionally, the update seeks to improve Madden 21’s artificial intelligence in several areas. This includes ensuring that only players with the strip specialist ability will cause fumbles with normal sacks on quarterbacks standing in the pocket in competitive play. Other changes include Cover 4 Quarters handling play action better, supporting QB Contain against play-action passes, and making it so that a quarterback won’t be able to throw the ball if his arm gets hit.
As noted in GameSpot’s Madden NFL 21 review, the franchise mode lacks any noticeable improvements this year. EA will attempt to address this by releasing three updates to the mode. The first won’t arrive with the upcoming patch, but EA says it will detail what improvements to expect from it prior to the NFL season starting. The only change in this patch is allowing X-Factor abilities to be tuned for players that start a franchise with an active roster.
Madden NFL 21 September Update Patch Notes
- Pass Rush
- Fix to an issue preventing defenders in contain from staying in contain when being blocked by a running back in the backfield. The rusher will keep their contain behavior when blocked by any blocker on the line or in the backfield
- Fix to an issue causing the initial pass-rush move of contain players to take them to the inside gap instead of their assigned outside gap.
- Addition of logic to support QB Contain vs. play-action passing plays
- Fix to ‘On-Field Trainer’ issues related to pass rush
- Addition of logic so that defenders without the Strip Specialist Ability will no longer cause fumbles on QBs standing in the Pocket with Normal Sack animations on Competitive game-style only. Only defenders with the Strip Specialist ability will be able to force a fumble on a QB standing in the Pocket on Competitive.
- Defensive Coverage
- Fix to an issue when using motion in a Twins/Slot formation vs. Nickel/Dime/Dollar defenses, defenders inappropriately swap assignments, leaving the receiver uncovered
- Addition of logic to Cover 4 Quarters to better handle plays like PA Crossers
- Fix to an issue preventing defenders in press-alignment from backpedaling appropriately
- Fix to an alignment issue when flipping Nickel 2-4-5 SS Reno Zone
- Fix to some tackling issues sometimes preventing tackle animations from triggering vs. Juke and Jurdle moves
- Fix to an issue causing a receiver to warp up off the ground into a tackle during a possession catch
- Fix to an issue causing the QB to not react after throwing an INT while being hit by a defender
- Fix to an issue allowing ball carriers to fake-out defenders behind them when using the Spin Move
- Throw Out of Sack
- Addition of new logic for when a defender is hitting a QB on his throwing arm the QB will no longer be able to throw the ball. The QB will be forced to tuck the ball or the ball will be fumbled
- Increase to the fumble chance for QBs throwing out of a sack that are hit significantly before they have started their forward arm movement. The greater the Defender’s Tackle vs Quarterback’s Strength rating discrepancy is in favor of the defender, the higher the fumble chance
- Fix to a throw out of Sack animation where the ball was not getting released by the Quarterback
- DEV NOTE: Our goal with the Throw Out Of Sack Improvements was to provide more balance to this new feature that has a significant impact on Gameplay. There is more risk to trying to throw the ball every time a defender is close to the passer. Now it is upon the user to make sure they have started the pass in time or else a defender will be able to force a fumble when they are hit before the arm has started going forward. We have also ensured that when you do start the pass in time, you get the ball off appropriately with the correct distance and accuracy
- Fix to an issue preventing the left tackle from blocking the correct defender when running HB Zone Weak plays against Nickel 3-3-5
- Fix to an issue with graphical distortion occasionally being displayed over blocker-resistance bars
- General Fixes
- Tuning to RAC-catch win-chances to reduce frequency of low-rated coverage defenders getting catch-knockouts vs. higher-rated receivers
- Fix to an issue where Hitting RT/R2 + A/X at the snap would sometimes result in the Quarterback instantly throwing to the A/X Receiver
- Tuning to give user control a little sooner after an interception
- Fix to an issue causing Quarterbacks to use drastic turns on subtle movements
- Fix to the run-speed for ball carriers on Triple Option and Speed Option, allowing sprint speed earlier
- Tuning some celebration animation issues to clean up some minor hitching
- Tuning to QB’s front elbow when inside the pocket to improve visual quality
- Improvements to the speed in the menus of Madden Ultimate Team and returning from game modes
- Improvements the speed when interacting with your players and items including upgrades
- Address an issue where items in the lineup screen would initially show as 50/50
- Numerous miscellaneous improvements to MUT Menu UI
- Fix to an issue in MUT Squads where roles were not properly respected
- Fix to an issue in Superstar KO where roles were not properly respected
- General stability improvements
- Fix to an issue with users selecting “Let Fate Decide” option when getting drafted
- Fix to an issue with the user’s difficulty setting reverting to Rookie after every game
- Tuning X-Factor abilities for users who select the “Active Roster” option when starting a new Franchise save.
- The next franchise update blog will be released around the start of the NFL season and will outline current plans and target timing for the first of three planned franchise mode updates for Madden NFL 21
- Addition of “Frienderboards” to The Yard
- These are leaderboards populated by your friends list that will display the Highest Score per event
- Addition of a pop-up to remind those playing VS CPU events that they need a full group to play
- When a user is offensive captain, control will now default to the QB even if their CAP is in another position group
- Fix to an issue where location icons may not appear
- Fix to an issue where full list of house rules may not appear
- Fix to an issue where users may erroneously see “Finding Teammates” after leaving a session
- Fix to an issue where Coach Cam always showed a CAP as being QB #12.
- Fix to the pass leading for the Slot receiver’s Drag Wheel Route in Crossfire
- Fix to a minor camera issue where the view was blocked by objects
- Fix to an issue allowing an extra play after a fumble that went out of bounds on the last play of the game
- Fix to an ‘On-Field Trainer’ issue displaying “Flick” above the ball carrier after catching a pass
- Online stability improvements
- General menu and interface improvements
Madden Ultimate Team Updates:
Superstar KO Updates:
Face of the Franchise Updates:
The Yard Updates:
Source: Read Full Article