EA and BioWare have released the newest update for Anthem, and it’s a big one. The update is now live and it adds several new features to the multiplayer-focused action game, including something called Legendary Missions, as well as changes to loot, Masterworks, Javelins, and quite a bit more. However, some players have already raised complaints about new problems involving loot that emerged since the update’s release.
As detailed in the patch notes, Update 1.0.4 adds a new Legendary difficulty to critical path missions. From now on, one critical path mission per day will be available for repeated playthroughs. You can replay these missions on Legendary for an added challenge that requires “team coordination to achieve victory.” The patch notes don’t reveal whether the higher risk will necessarily always result in higher rewards.
Elysian Keys can now be earned as a reward for completing daily challenges in Anthem. In turn, these keys can open the Elysian Caches that appear at the end of every Stronghold mission. Caches hold vanity items–there is a unique assortment of 67 vinyls, victory poses, emotes, and arrivals–and crafting materials. In the patch notes, EA promises that you will “never get a duplicate vanity item” from an Elysian Cache.
Click To UnmuteHow To Improve Anthem's Endgame
- Free Xbox One And Xbox 360 Games With Gold For April 2019 Announced
- Marvel's Iron Man VR, No Man's Sky VR, And More In PlayStation's First State of Play – GS News Update
- Borderlands – Mask Of Mayhem Teaser Trailer
- Doom Eternal, Rage 2, And More Will Come To Steam – GS News Update
- Free PS4 PlayStation Plus Games For April 2019 Revealed
- Pokemon Go Earth Day Campaign Brings Participation Rewards – GS News Update
- Avengers Endgame Posters Confirm Valkyrie And Shuri's Fates- GameSpot Universe News Update
- Telling Lies – Teaser Trailer
- World War Z – Stories In Tokyo Trailer
- Fortnite Adds Poison Dart Trap And New LTM, Tweaks Baller – GS News Update
- Mortal Kombat 11 Online Beta Gameplay On PS4
- Wolfenstein: Youngblood – Official Story Trailer
Want us to remember this setting for all your devices?
Sign up or Sign in now!
Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos.This video has an invalid file format.00:00:00
Sorry, but you can’t access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video
By clicking ‘enter’, you agree to GameSpot's
The new update makes several loot changes as well. Chests in Strongholds, Freeplay, and Missions have all been buffed, increasing the number of items they have a chance to drop upon being opened. The same is true for the Apex creatures–Ursix, Titans, Furies, and Escari/Luminaries–in the game. The AFK timer has been reduced to five minutes from 10, and on any of the Grandmaster difficulties, all Stronghold bosses have a higher chance of dropping Masterwork or Legendary items.
Another welcome tweak allow you to access the Forge from the main menu in Fort Tarsis or the Launch Bay, while the loading screen when entering the Forge has been removed.
While much of this sounds good on the surface, in a post on Reddit, players have voiced concerns with how the game now functions. User Dredgen1994 outlines several complaints, including that Masterworks are not guaranteed from Stronghold bosses, causing players to leave before defeating it.
The patch notes for Update 1.0.4 are very extensive, but if you’re curious, you can view them at the link above. EA and BioWare have outlined 90 days of content prepared for Anthem, with plans to further patch and add on to the game in the coming months. Anthem is available on Xbox One, PS4, and PC.
Source: Read Full Article