When designing the enemy Stormtroopers you’ll fight in Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, Respawn crafted individual personalities for each one. So even if you’re fighting a whole squad, individual troopers will behave and act differently.
“Under the helmet they have personalities, and so we’ve kind of given them nicknames and call signs,” Fallen Order narrative lead Aaron Contreras said, according to PC Gamer. “So it looks like a horde of faceless grunts. And they are because they’re Stormtroopers, but they each have a specific personality and they’ll interact with each other in ways that are specific to their personality. [So] when one’s left alone, it could be the guy who’s terrified or it could [be] a guy who’s super gung-ho and he’s like, ‘Now it’s my time to shine and take out a Jedi!'”
Click To Unmute Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order – “Cal’s Mission” Cinematic Gameplay Trailer
- The Outer Worlds Devs Show Us Some Hilarious Early Game Quests
- Fortnite Deletes Itself | The End Event Gameplay (With Black Hole)
- Top New Games Releasing On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Week — October 13-19, 2019
- Search The Hidden 'F' In The New World Loading Screen | Fortnite Chapter 2 Week 1 Challenges
- Pokemon Sword & Shield Brings Back Fat Pikachu – GS News Update
- Fortnite Chapter 2 Update Brings New Map, Battle Pass, & More – GS News Update
- Fortnite Chapter 2: Search The Letter 'O' In The Secret Loading Screen
- Outer Wilds comes to PS4 | GameSpot Live
- Pokemon Go November 2019 Community Day Details – GS News Update
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – PC Environmental Showcase Trailer
- Pushing Overwatch On Switch To The Limit | Total Mayhem
- American Horror Story: The Best of Cody Fern
Want us to remember this setting for all your devices?
Sign up or Sign in now!
Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos. This video has an invalid file format. 00:00:00
Sorry, but you can’t access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video
By clicking ‘enter’, you agree to GameSpot's
Individual Stormtroopers will also act differently depending on the make-up of a fight as well. The more observant among the group may inform their peers of their lack of ranged support if they notice you’ve cut down all of the snipers first. For the most part, Stormtroopers will also stay out of the way of the Purge Troopers if one is in their midst, allowing you to duel with the alpha killer. Of course, defeating said leader will cause the Stormtroopers to react, and those reactions will depend on their prewritten personalities.
Though each Stormtrooper has a call sign and personality, their individuality stops there. Fallen Order lead level designer Jeff Magers said that each trooper does not have their own individual name. Though Contreras did add, “Not yet,” so there may still be a possibility that some troopers get even more individuality between now and Fallen Order’s launch. As seen in The Last of Us Part II, giving enemies individual names and designing them to care about one another can make for some deeply unsettling combat encounters.
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is scheduled to launch for Xbox One, PS4, and PC on November 15. We recently got three hours of hands-on time with Fallen Order at a preview event, coming away excited about the upcoming Star Wars game.
Source: Read Full Article